The first step to a successful kitchen renovation is to think about what you want in your dream kitchen. To help you understand some of the key decisions you will need to make we have prepared a simple kitchen design checklist to walk you through getting started.
» Download a printable pdf of the Kitchen checklist
Getting started: Kitchen design checklist
- Do you need to have your new kitchen ready for a particular date or event?
- Think about the style of kitchens you like – modern, traditional or contemporary?
- What sort of budget are you working with?
- Are there any special design features you want to include?
- Handles versus no handles – no handles is preferable for a more modern, streamlined look
- What size pantry is on your wishlist?
- Do you have any particular needs you want your kitchen design to incorporate? For example a small desk or extra storage area.
- Do you have preferences when it comes to appliances or would you prefer us to recommend options?
- What are you looking for in your bench top – durability, value, look ?
- Is your kitchen part of a larger space or self-contained? This will help determine the design and colour choices you make.
- Do you have any colour swatches you need to match – bring them along to your showroom visit and we can show you how they could work together in your new kitchen.
- Which way do you prefer to work in your kitchen? To the left or to the right? This will help us create a perfectly functioning kitchen to suit your particular preferences.
- Take a picture of your current kitchen space before you visit us so we can get a better understanding of what’s possible based on the kitchen size, your budget and timeframe
- Put together a scrap book of different kitchen designs, colours, bench tops, doors and finishes you like as this will give us a clearer idea of what your dream kitchen looks like.